Job Description - Assistant Studio and Retail Manager
We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic team member to help us handle the day to day operation of the store, as well as behind the scenes work for our community events and workshops. This job requires interaction with the community, as well as the ability to be hands on in the process of organizing and helping with the workshops and collaborations we have slated for 2019.
- With a positive and cheerful attitude, assist customers with product selection, workshop information, and questions about textiles and crafting.
- Work collaboratively with the owners on store layout, displays, and organization.
- Assist with updating inventory using the Shopify website tool.
- Help store owners with community events and collaborations.
- Open and close the shop, ability to handle cash register, and register close out.
- Assist with crafting and preparing store samples, knitting, sewing, and crocheting knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work comfortably in a small, collaborative environment
- Punctuality, attention to detail, and a focus on quality control
- Polite and cheerful attitude with customers (and co-workers!)
- Ability to work with kids who visit the store, as well as come to workshops
- Ability to lift or move up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 3 hours at a time
- Familiarity with Apple computers
- High school diploma
- Must be able to work weekends
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.