Brooklyn Tweed Yarn- Loft
Shelter's smaller sibling, Loft is a 2-ply fingering weight yarn, gently woolen-spun from soft, springy American Targhee-Columbia wool. This distinctive spinning process gives Loft a unique bounce and airiness, with a handcrafted, heathered finish. Ideal for lightweight garments and accessories, lace, and nuanced colorwork. Handle gently while knitting, then wet block to see Loft bloom into full beauty.
- 275 yards (251 meters) | 50 grams | Fingering weight
- 2-ply woolen-spun construction
- 23-24 micron Targhee-Columbia wool from Wyoming
- Wool scoured at Bollman Industries in Texas
- Stock dyed at Tintoria Piana U.S. in Georgia
- Spun & finished at Harrisville Designs in New Hampshire
100% developed, sourced, processed, dyed and spun in the USA.
As a result of its airy woolen-spun construction, Loft works well at a wonderful range of gauges and can be used interchangeably with Tones Light:
- 6 - 8 stitches to 1"
- Suggested Needle: 2 - 3.5 mm (US 0 - 4)
- Suggested Hook: 2.25 - 4 mm (US B-1 - G-6)